Radical Footnotes is an independent typographic space committed to bring forward the printed expression of the Working Class. You are invited to submit a short discourse addressing problems, analyzing developments, points of contention, methodologies, approaches and insights concerning:
THE ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ANNIVERSARY OF ITS PUBLICATION
1) Proposals: From intellectual workers in the academic sector, political organizations and individuals interested in Marx scholarship.
2) Rationale: Original contributions offering fresh theoretical and historical understanding of the different aspects of the publishing of Marx major work. Critical approaches and perspectives on international, national, and varied cultural context of the complex of problems related to its publication.
3) Scope: Studies on all aspects of the transmission, dissemination and reception of ‘Das Kapital’.
- Introduction and reception of the first German edition in Britain.
- Publishing and translation problems of the first  unfinished English edition.
- Marx as reader of Johannes Most ‘Kapital und Arbeit’ and of Carlo Cafiero ‘Il Capitale di Carlo Marx’.
- Nature and performance of the preface, afterword and the ‘Avis au lecteur' in the first, second German and the French editions.
- Marx as a proofreader.
- Form of library research and function of book collecting in the structuring of his work.
- The role played by the anarchists in the dissemination of ‘Das Kapital’.
4) Form of contributions: Studies, research, historiographic invention and bibliographic construction.
5) Length: from 3500 to 5000 words.
6) Languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
7) Observance: Submissions required to adopt the stylistic identity outlined in the ‘Author Briefing’, this can be obtained free from the publisher.
8) Submission of preliminary intent should be sent to publisher with a sse:
Carl Slienger Specialist Publisher & Antiquarian Bookseller.
P.O. Box 4ST
London W1A 4ST
9) Deadline: December 2016