State Public Historical Library of Russia
Russian State Social University
to take part in a scientific conference
"The Comintern Time"
(The Fifth Ryazanov's Readings)
March 26-27, 2019, Moscow
The scientific conference was timed to the 100th anniversary of the Communist International in March 1919. The emergence of this organization influenced the labour movement and international relations in the world, changed the political situation in many countries, was reflected in historical memory, left a mark in the documentary collections.
The conference invites to discuss the following topics:
- Comintern: pages of the history of the organization and the fates of the participants;
- David Borisovich Ryazanov (revolutionary and researcher);
- The world in the interwar period: history, politics, international aspects, culture;
- Documentary heritage of the Comintern: archives, museums, libraries;
- The place of memory: the Comintern building complex on Wilhelm Pick Street.
The event will be held in the historical building of the Comintern, where from 1939 to 1943 the Executive Committee of the Communist International was located, and where, now the administrative building of the RSSU is situated and the Museum of the History of the Comintern is created.
To participate in the conference, it is necessary until February 26, 2019 to register on the website of the State Public Historical Library of Russia and send an application and short topic summary (up to 600 characters) to the address of the secretary of the organizing committee - Marina Mikhailovna Chernitsyna.
Registration without reports - until March 10, 2019. The registration fee is not provided.
Contacts of the Organizing Committee:
tel. +7 (499) 187-99-45;
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Marina Chernitsyna, secretary of the organizing committee).