CALL FOR PAPERS
The Maritime World in Legal History
A major stream of the Third Legal Histories of Empire Conference to be held at Maynooth University, Ireland, 30 June-2 July 2022 will focus on the maritime world of connections, places, laws and people moving within and between empires across the globe.
Papers on questions impacting on labour are particularly welcome but all areas of maritime history are relevant for the Maritime World stream. They may be by individuals or panels. Abstracts should be sent to Diane Kirkby, University of Technology Sydney Diane.Kirkby@uts.edu.au by 31 October 2021.
For individual papers
1) An abstract of no more than 250 words
2) Biographic details of no more than 200 words
3) Your time zone relative to Irish Standard Time (UCT + 1)
For Panels (of no more than 4 speakers: a chair and/or commentator can be included)
1) A panel abstract of no more than 250 works and
2) Individual paper abstracts of no more than 200 words
3) Biographic details of no more than 200 words
4) A timezone for your panel relative to Irish Standard Time (UCT + 1)
Format: Face to Face with some provision for virtual presentations and attendance.
Please note: The Max Planck Institute has generously offered some scholarships for scholars from the Global South. For information and instructions see https://lhbe.org/scholarships/