We would like to kindly invite you to submit your presentation proposal for the 5th International Marxist Feminist Conference which will take place in November 2023 in Warsaw and will focus on feminist theoretical, political, cultural, and artistic responses to current crises.
The idea of an International Marxist Feminist Conference was originally brought into being, and was since then continuously organised, by the feminist section of the Berliner Institute of Critical Theory (InkriT) around the German sociologist and philosopher Frigga Haug. It was held in Berlin (Germany) for the first time in 2015, followed by an increasingly international second congress in Vienna in 2016, the third one took place in Lund (Sweden) in 2018 and the last one was held online (from Basque country) in 2021.
The participation in the International Marxist Feminist Conference is free of charge. We invite individual papers and panel proposals. We also invite literary and artistic responses and feminist theory/practice contributions.
We will try to provide some costs of the speakers (travel and accommodation), please signalise your interest in such support in your presentation/panel proposal.
Please send your proposals (no more than 300 words + a short bio/affiliation) by 31 January 2023 to: apps[at]marxconference.com
CONFERENCE 5-POINTS AGENDA
- Dimensions of care and reproduction in neoliberal societies: exploitation of reproductive labour, love power. Reproductive (in)justice: rights, technologies (surrogacy, in vitro, adoption etc), “birth strike”, environment and natality, LGBTQIA+ rights, migration, disabilities, and the nation-states politics.
- Contemporary capitalisms: digitalization, precarization, externalization of care labour and production, climate crisis, surveillance, and border industries. The body as commodity and battlefield: exploitation, violence, biotechnology.
- Healthcare and elderly care in the world after pandemic. Privatization of healthcare services
- Is Intersectionality Enough? – The Actuality of the Thirteenth Theses of Marxism-Feminism – class-race-gender in a Marxist- Feminist perspective today.
- Women in military conflicts: Rosa Luxemburg’s forgotten warnings, dimensions of violence. Homefront and the battlefield. Fundamentalist takeovers. Forms and strategies of contemporary resistance: International Women’s Strike, refugee networks and solidarities, unionizing as activism and politics.
- Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2023
- Notification of acceptance of the proposal: 31 March 2023
- The program of the conference will be announced by 15 May 2023
More information on the conference (in English and Polish) can be found here.
For further reading: