The Marx Memorial Library is a vital and growing part of the socialist and labour movements in Britain, and our movements need us more than ever.
Last year, more than 100 new members joined us and in that year we’ve responded to the challenge of the pandemic by:
- digitising more of our amazing archives and opening them up to the public - (check out our amazing poster and photo collections here)
- running online exhibitions like our record of the epic Wapping dispute;
- moving our lectures, classes and courses online – Since January alone, we’ve had more than 700 people attend our education events classes and lectures on a huge range of subjects and our international reach is growing all the time;
- expanding our suite of online courses covering Introductions to Marxism, Marxism and history, capitalist crisis – and more are coming onstream very soon
We have a 5 year strategic plan to become an accredited archive, a national provider of Marxist and labour movement education and to redevelop our building to maximise its accessibility.
Members are our lifeblood. Your membership fee will help us grow and deliver on our vision for the future of our Library.
As a member you’ll also have access to a range of unique benefits, including:
- A FREE subscription to our annual journal published by Liverpool University Press: Theory & Struggle, with access to the entire back catalogue online.
- Invitations to all exhibition previews and advance notice of our education programme and events.
- Access to all historic MML bulletins and journals dating back to 1934.
- A New Members Welcome Pack
- Exclusive invitation to our AGM with special lecture and voting rights
- Discount hire of our Main Hall in the heart of central London when we reopen.
Help us deliver on our vision and become part of our growing Library. Join today here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Sarah Crompton & Joseph Dance
Marx Memorial Library & Workers' School 020 7253 1485
Marx Memorial Library