This message in order to inform you about recent activities of the ELHN Working Group "Feminist Labour History".
Attached you will find:
- the Newsletter of the ELHN Working Group “Feminist Labour History” (Newsletter No. 4 – April 2019)
- the Report on the International conference New perspectives in feminist labour history: work and activism, coorganised by our WG and SISLav (University of Bologna, 17-18.1. 2019)
Industrial Labour & Literary Culture in the Long Nineteenth Century
Organised by the Piston, Pen & Press research project and the Finnish Labour Museum Werstas, Tampere.
Date: Friday June 7th, 2019
Venue: Finnish Labour Museum Werstas, Tampere.
The cfp is closed now, but there are still have some spaces for people who would like to attend and hear the papers, contribute to the general discussion.
All Souls College, Oxford
15–16 April 2019
Call for Papers:
Nordic Labour History Conference, The Workers Museum, Copenhagen, November 26-29, 2020
Nordic Labour Film Festival, Cinemateket, Copenhagen, November 25-29, 2020
Deadlines for submissions and notifications:
• Session proposals: October 1, 2019
• Individual papers: November 15, 2019
• Film proposals: August 15, 2020
• Notification of whether your session proposal have been accepted: December 1, 2019
Social inequality: what has work got to do with it?
On the occasion of the exhibition “Tomorrowear. A French Story” at Villa Stenersen, this international conference will shed new light on labor in the creative industries, with a special focus on fashion. The present conference intends to do so without chronological nor geographical limitations.
On 18-21 September 2019, the Third Conference of the European Labour History Network (ELHN) will take place at the International Institute of Social History in Amsterdam.