1st Conference of the European Labour History Network (ELHN)
14 – 16 December 2015, Torino/Turin (Italy)
Conference language: English
The European Labour History Network (ELHN) is pleased to announce its first conference from 14-16 December 2015 at the University of Turin facilitated and hosted by Stefano Musso (President of the Società Italiana di Storia del lavoro/SISLav – Italian Society of Labour History).
The ELHN was founded in October 2013 in Amsterdam as a network of labour historians in order to bring together scholars with different institutional backgrounds (institutes, associations, archives, journals, study groups, individual researchers, etc.) and serve as an umbrella organization for smaller working groups with specific topics and tasks.
In accordance with the decisions of the foundation meeting of the ELHN, the first conference of the network will be structured differently to other comparable scholarly conferences and will also provide the possibility to gather colleagues from all over Europe in order to work on specific common projects concerning European Labour History. Therefore, the main part of the conference will be dedicated to ELHN Working Groups that will themselves decide on their specific agenda during the conference. The individual working groups will be responsible for drafting their own agenda during the conference. For further information please contact the coordinators of the respective working group.
· Labour Movements and Migration (Coordination: Stefanie Prezioso, email@example.com)
· Free and Unfree Labour (Coordination: Christian de Vito, firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Factory History (Coordination: Görkem Akgöz, email@example.com)
· Industrial Heritage (Coordination: Christian Wicke, Christian.Wicke@rub.de)
· Health at Work (Coordination: Nicolas Hatzfeld, firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Labour under State Socialism (Coordination: Adrian Grama, Grama_Adrian@ceu-budapest.edu)
· Labour History Journals (Coordination: David Mayer, David.Mayer@iisg.nl)
Campus Luigi Einaudi (CLE) of the University of Turin
Address: Lungo Dora Siena, 100
10153 Turin, Italy
Beginning: Monday, 14 December 2015, 11 am (approx.)
End: Wednesday, 16 December 2015, 4 pm (approx.)
Contact for general information
Information on the organizational details of the conference (conference fee, preliminary programme, etc.) will be published within the upcoming months. If you want to visit the conference or keep updated on the ELHN, please contact: